£395 - £400 per day
15 days ago
Inside IR35 - home based initially during COVID
Our client is looking to recruit a Systems Engineer for the picadilly Line Upgrade.
Provides specialist technical services within an organisation unit by producing designs, associated drawings, information, calculations and enabling improvement of transport system operational performance in line with policies, technical strategies and local procedures as required
- The main contact and embedded Systems Integration (SI) Engineer into the Piccadilly Line Upgrade (PLU) Infrastructure Programme and shall be responsible for its Programme Integration Review (PIR), overall requirements management and integration back to the SI team.
- Overseeing and managing the PLU programme Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies, Decisions, Opportunities (RAIDDO) register.
- Production of various PLU System Design and Compliance checklists and baselines.
- Contributing to the overall PLU requirements management, their apportionment to each sub-programme and their compliance.
- Support the development of the verification and validation (V&V) programme of work and assurance evidence gathering for closing out of all the PLU programme requirements.
- Support the development of the Physical and Geographical Architectures for the various migration stages for the PLU programme.
- Support the management of the PLU programme interface registers.
- Secretary and help managing the production of each PLU Railway System Design (RSD) and its review and baseline process.
- Heads of Engineering Delivery - Accountable to delivering engineering services through to the Customer
- Senior Engineering Leader - Escalation of Technical issues requiring their Authority or for further escalation.
- Principle Engineers/Senior Engineers - Providing engineering services as part of an engineering team.
- Suppliers - Managing the deliverables from engineering consultancies
- TfL Operational units - Providing advice and support to improve the safety, reliability and performance of the Transport Network
- Sponsors - Working with Sponsors to scope, define and undertake engineering feasibility based on their outcome requirements for medium complexity projects.
- Project Managers - on behalf of the Head of Engineering Delivery, providing engineering services to a project manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to visualise and articulate complex systems and processes
- Ability to elicit, analyse, level and mange requirements e.g. stakeholder, user, technical
- Ability to lead production of user and operational requirements
- Ability to transform requirements into specifications, architectures, and system breakdown
- Good understanding of systems engineering management
- Good domain knowledge of the relevant transport and/ or infrastructure system including system delivery, operation and maintenance
- Knowledge of requirements management techniques
- Knowledge of specification and visualisation of complex systems and processes
- Knowledge of systems engineering sub-disciplines: system architecting and modelling, interface management and requirements/configuration management
- Knowledge of whole life asset management
- Knowledge of relevant TfL, British and International Standards
- Knowledge of engineering safety management and its application within transportation
- Experience of systems engineering and its practical application
- Working experience in at least 2 of the systems engineering sub-disciplines, e.g. system architecting and modelling, interface management and requirements / configuration management
- Experience in planning and applying systems engineering activities on large transport, infrastructure enhancement programmes or complex projects
- Experience in applying systems engineering methods and tools