about 1 year ago
Senior Engineer - Structures & Architecture, Contract, Gloucester
The purpose of the post is to provide day-to-day support on all Structures and Architecture matters, and deliver on the discipline work plans, as established and requested by the Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture. The post holder will also support the Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture in providing technical input, control and oversight of the design (including modifications and concessions) and perform review and acceptance of systems within the Structures and Architecture scope of the UK ABWR. The post holder will also work closely with the supply chain to enable and inform appropriate advice as well as ensuring transfer of knowledge
- Support the Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture, as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the Management System when so required.
- Support the Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture as a core member of the Structural and Architecture Team in the delivery of the business plan related targets.
- Deliver advice in all technical areas associated with civil engineering scope of the project.
- Undertake review and acceptance/adoption activities associated with the Reference Design and subsequent design changes or concessions within the Structures and Architecture scope.
- Provide support to development of the Safety Case for buildings and structures.
- Act as Intelligent Customer for support services provided by others (including Responsible Designers for highly specialised design knowledge).
- Provide support to the Licensing and Permissions Directorate in accordance with agreed project programmes to ensure that licensing requirements are met.
Accountable to Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture for:
- Support as appropriate to other areas of Civil Engineering and Structures.
- Provision of advice on Structures and Architecture for buildings and structures.
- Delivery of business plan objectives.
- Design review & acceptance/adoption of the Structures and Architecture design.
- Support to the development of the Safety Case for the UKABWR.
- Reviewing output from the Responsible Designer to ensure all systems meet the relevant codes and standards.
- Control of output to ensure appropriate QA/Quality measures are applied.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- The Post Holder will possess a degree or equivalent qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- The Post Holder will be a Chartered Engineer or Scientist or working towards Chartership.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Knowledge of reinforced & pre-stressed concrete, Structural steel & composite structural design (incl. connections), Structural Analysis and overall structural concepts.
- Experience of national & international design codes & standards.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.
- An awareness of all matters related to Civil Engineering & Structures and the interfaces outside the team.