13 days ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear sector who has a current requirement for a contract Senior Engineer - Structures & Architecture, to be based at their headquarters in Brockworth, Gloucestershire. This 6 month (initial offering), attracts an excellent rate for the right candidate.
The purpose of the role is to provide day-to-day support on all Structures and Architecture matters, and deliver on the discipline work plans, as established and requested by the Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture. The post holder will also support the Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture in providing technical input, control and oversight of the design (including modifications and concessions) and perform review and acceptance of systems within the Structures and Architecture scope of the UK ABWR. The post holder will also work closely with the supply chain to enable and inform appropriate advice as well as ensuring transfer of knowledge.
Activities to be delivered:
- Support the Lead Engineer - Structures & Architecture, as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the Company Management System when so required.
- Deliver advice in all technical areas associated with the civil engineering scope of the project.
- Undertake review and acceptance/adoption activities associated with the Reference Design and subsequent design changes or concessions within the Structures and Architecture scope.
- Provide support to development of the Safety Case for buildings and structures.
- Act as Intelligent Customer for support services provided by others (including Responsible Designers for highly specialised design knowledge).
- Provide support to the Licensing and Permissions Directorate in accordance with agreed project programmes to ensure that licensing requirements are met.
- The Post will interface widely within the Company Organisation.
- The Post will interface with the Regulators.
- The Post will interface with other stakeholders, especially those related to the design of Company projects.
- The Post will interface with Responsible Designers (including Hitachi-GE).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND TRAINING
- The Post Holder will possess a degree or equivalent qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- The Post Holder will be a Chartered Engineer or Scientist or working towards Chartership.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Knowledge of reinforced & pre-stressed concrete, Structural steel & composite structural design (incl. connections), Structural Analysis and overall structural concepts.
- Experience of national & international design codes & standards.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.
- Relevant CSCS Card.
- Practical project delivery skills, with evidence of ensuring delivery to stringent deadlines and standards
With respect to Structures and Architecture:
- Experience in complex engineering and design projects.
- Experience with Regulators - ONR & EA.
- Geotechnical Design/Analysis incl ground investigations and earthworks.
- Experience of civil/structural design in the nuclear sector.
- Architectural design
- Experience of Nuclear sector.
- Experience of Safety Assessment Principles & Site License Conditions.
- Knowledge of survey and investigation including post event assessment.
- Experience of construction and commissioning on a nuclear site and material/workmanship specifications.
- Awareness of the nuclear power plant operation and relationship of design to safety case.
- Awareness of the ABWR operation and relationship of design to safety case.
- Knowledge of inspection and maintenance regimes.