about 1 year ago
Senior Engineer - Site Plan & Civil Engineering, Contract, Gloucester
The purpose of the post is to provide day-to-day support on all Site Plan and Civil Engineering matters, and deliver on the discipline work plans, as established and requested by the Lead Engineer - Site Plan and Civil Engineering. The post holder will also support the Lead Engineer - Site Plan and Civil Engineer in providing technical input, control and oversight of the design (including modifications and concessions) and perform review and acceptance of systems within the Site Plan and Civil Engineering scope of the UK ABWR. The post holder will also work closely with the supply chain to enable and inform appropriate advice as well as ensuring transfer of knowledge.
- Support the Lead Engineer - Site Plan and Civil Engineering, as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the Management System when so required.
- Deliver on the Site Plan and Civil Engineering work plans, as tasked by the Lead Engineer - Site Plan and Civil Engineering.
- Contribute to reports that provide discipline evidence or knowledge to underpin the claims and arguments made in the safety case and Nuclear Safety Principals.
- Support the Lead Engineer - Site Plan and Civil Engineering in receiving and reviewing submissions for acceptance from the supply chain.
- Support the Lead in documenting design claims, arguments and evidence with consideration to design basis and substantiation.
- Facilitate and encourage transfer of knowledge and information from supply chain or SMEs, in order to assist it in the licensing and permitting process and the establishment of its Intelligent Customer capability.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject.
- Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Able to deliver a customer focused approach to providing advice, support and technical expertise into the Sub-programme and Delivery Areas.
- A fundamental understanding of discipline principles, analysis techniques, design, materials, software and specification within the Nuclear sector.
- Experience in specification, development, control, checking and review of work within a regulated environment.
- Experience in documenting design claims, arguments and evidence with particular consideration to design basis and substantiation.
- Experience of producing technical specifications, design basis and substantiation documents.
- Experience of formal acceptance processes within regulated environments.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery (through self and others).