Up to £44.25 per hour
11 months ago
Senior Engineer - Underwater Radiated Noise Assessment (URN)
Morson International have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Structural Engineer to join a leading defence company on an initial 6-month contract at their base in Scotstoun. Working to assess & maintain radiated noise performance in support of Naval Ship programmes, this role would ideally be suited to individuals with prior experience on Complex Naval Defence projects. You should have prior knowledge of noise & vibration design considerations for marine vessels.
While experience on Naval projects would be ideal for this role, consideration will also be given to candidates with Noise & Vibration expertise gained in any engineering industry dealing with the development of high-performance machinery (Aerospace, Defence, Automotive etc.).
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £44.25 per Hour LTD
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Scotstoun, Glasgow
As a Senior Engineer, you will be expected to provide design guidance and implement design features in the design of a key UK Naval Ship, to ensure that the ship's Underwater Radiated Noise (URN) signature targets will be achieved. You will be responsible with providing advice and requirements to design engineers, compartment owners, platform operations and supply chain.
* Support the assessment of the ship's system design and integration from a Noise & Vibration control perspective; leading engineering solutions in a manufacturing environment.
* Using N&V analysis tools to ensure pull though of solutions into the ship's acoustic design.
* Supporting joint working with Operations to support transfer of acoustic integration design into the manufactured ship.
* Supporting the ship's N&V measurement programme in the build programme.
* Supporting N&V acceptance measurements being undertaken at supplier's facilities.
* Provide specialist knowledge while attending working groups and Integrated Product Teams (IPG's) comprised various internal departments and other suppliers.
* Engagement with the project reviews; including System Reviews, Compartment Reviews, Zone Review and Assurance Reviews.
* Completion of investigations into operational problems or developments and develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
* Interpret requirements from contract or other documentation producing specifications and/or instructions. Delivers cost effective data to budget and programme.
* Possesses knowledge of Noise & Vibration (N&V) sources and transmission mechanisms typically found within naval ships and/or submarines.
* Possesses knowledge and expertise in the control and management of N&V within naval ships and/or submarines.
* Possesses practical N&V measurement skills with industry standard techniques and tools.
* Possesses mathematical skills necessary for the analysis of N&V measurements and the ability to present results clearly.
Key Industry Knowledge:
* 5 Years' experience in engineering or a defence or related industry
* A good working experiences in more than one phase of the LCM, with sufficient knowledge to enable a good understanding of adjacent phases and through life engineering issues.
* You will typically be Degree Qualified in a technology, engineering or science related discipline.
* You should meet the requirements for registration as Incorporated or Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council and preferably be a member of a relevant Professional Body.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek an Experienced Engineer who has ideally worked in a Defence or Nuclear environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining UK MOD Security Clearance to SC Level.