£350 - £420 per day
30 days ago
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Digital Engineering
The role is to:
- Be the technical authority for the end-to-end system,
- Provide engineering support to the Apollo tool and the end-users,
- Be the system expert in the end-to-end system (data capture, data transport, data storage, data analysis and data visualisation) as well as understanding how the end-users use the information to deliver greater business value,
- Develop requirements with end-users to enhance the system and realise greater business benefit from the train data,
- Manage and co-ordinate system updates,
- Co-ordinate the activities of T&D, 3rd party OEMs, end-users and interfacing projects,
- Support the development of the strategy for the business to manage train data and other sources of remote monitoring information
- A significant element of the role is engagement, communication and influencing key stakeholders at various levels within the business.
- Knowledge/experience of software development, SQL, BI tools is beneficial.
- Specific projects to deliver the above and support the business change implementation.
- Provide on-going support and development to systems developed for the management, visualisation and analysis of asset data that enable a data-driven maintenance approach.
- Develop the capability within the business to manage, analyse and visualise asset data, including the systems and tools necessary to support a data-driven maintenance approach.
- Carry out investigations into maintenance regime changes or improvements to deliver increased asset reliability and/or deliver Opex reductions/maintenance efficiencies through a data-driven maintenance approach.
This role would suit an Electrical/Electronic/System engineer or Computer Science/Software engineer looking to develop their engineering, management and design skills in a multi-disciplined team managing small/medium size engineering projects across a range of asset types, taking a systems approach to the management and maintenance of the railway infrastructure.
The candidate requires experience in some or all of the following areas: asset monitoring, data management, data analysis techniques and software tools and communications networks are desired.
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organisation and externally and to influence.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time, budget and quality.
- Ability to manage multidisciplinary teams to deliver effective performance.
- Ability to use office based computer packages, e.g. MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Engineering, Computer Science or Software engineering experience
- Achieved competency and licence requirements of internal Ops Engineering Competency Assurance and Licensing for role.
- Good knowledge of relevant engineering standards.
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures and processes.
- Experience in railway or similar operationally complex and safety conscious environment.