£24.00 - £26.25 per hour
4 months ago
Senior Data Quality & Governance Engineer
6 Month Contract
£26.25 per hour (37 hour week)
Reporting to the Engineering Manager Data Quality and Governancey, the Senior Data Quality and Governance Engineer will contribute to the designation, roll out, implementation and management of a standardised and measurable approach to data quality and governance across the product lifecycle .
In undertaking the role the successful candidate will build on the existing data quality and governance framework to ensure the principles embodied within that framework are delivered to the programme.
Key Technical Skills
- Experience in implementing Data Quality and Governance
- Experience in Data Management
- Experience in using Data Management / Governance toolsets.
- Experience in complex Engineering Projects.
- Experience in using SQL
- Experience in report development using COGNOS
- Sound IT skills particularly MS Project; MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Visio
Top Major Tasks and Activities:
- Assist in delivery of the data quality and governance framework
- Assist in the coordination of resources supporting and implementing data quality management and governance initiatives including data owners and stewards
- Assist in the the development of measures for assessing the benefit to the business of data quality and governance, periodically measuring the effectiveness and feeding it back to senior management
- Programme data quality issue awareness through development of reporting suite
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining Data Standards and Policies,
- Assuring that data standards / policies are being followed
- Maintenance of NS Business Glossary