Greater Manchester, England
£350 - £420 per day
Rail Technical Team
2 months ago
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join one of our leading rail clients, supporting an electrification project in the North West.
* Undertake duties for which the CRE has delegated authority, examples are review task briefs, sign off Quality Check Sheets as accepted.
* Plan and hold constructability and design reviews.
* Review, respond and/or escalate site queries. Ensure register of queries is maintained and issued weekly
* Directly manage Engineers and Assistant Engineers.
* Track and produce weekly report on progress of entry into service paperwork e.g. As builts (redline mark-ups) QCS, ITP, Form E's
* Undertake regular audits of installed OLE and relevant assurance paperwork.
* Support construction teams by attending/instigating construction readiness reviews.
* Work with Construction managers to maintain an accurate completion register.
* Implement Project Procedures e.g. Non-Conformance procedure.
* Support development of Engineers and Assistant engineers.
* Coordinate with Engineers from other disciplines to expedite project completion
Relevant Key Processes:
* To possess a thorough knowledge of the current technology and a complete understanding of all the technical requirements.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Degree in a relevant Engineering Discipline
* 5 years + experience in Civil and/or Structural Engineering Construction
* Knowledge of Temporary Works and relevant legislation specifically detailed working knowledge of BS5975
* Understanding of and experience in the use of applicable Standards
* Knowledge of applicable Health and Safety legislation
* Competent to use relevant tools and equipment
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
* Chartered Engineer
* Member of a relevant Professional Institution.