over 1 year ago
Senior Engineer, Contract, Nuclear, Gloucester
Our Client is conducting a Severe Accident Analysis (SAA) to support the construction of the new power station. To support the development of this we require a Senior Engineer to develop a programme for all the Severe Accident Analysis activities related to this assertion.
The scope of this work is to:
- Gather together the elements of the factors related to the management of severe accidents, including for example:
- List of SSC used in containing and controlling radioactive releases following core damage .
- Measures to determine confidence in SSC operability in harsh (SAA) environments.
- Habitability of areas to undertake planned activities.
- Human Factors aspects of undertaking planned activities (including defeat of interlocks).
- Schedule of mobile equipment to support SAA
- Develop a staged programme of tasks for a consolidated programme of SAA
- Prepare outline specification and deliverables for tasks in the staged programme.
- Summarise work in a 'SAA Management Strategy'
A suitably qualified individual is required with experience as follows:
- Assimilation and review of 3n1 party technical information and analysis relating to nuclear reactor severe accidents and strategies for its
- An appreciation of multidisciplinary engineering with an understanding of the challenges upon plant and operators to achieve desired
- Proficiency in technical report-writing with excellent attention to
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external
- Ability to demonstrate effective planning, prioritisation and delivery.
- Probably a minimum of 3 years relevant experience - to understand the interactions involved and ability to work under own