Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £0.00 per annum
11 days ago
What you will do:
Working on the Electrical Safety Delivery programme.
* Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality and safe approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects. Review all relevant legislation and liaise with relevant governmental departments.
* Monitor the competence of all Project Engineers working on projects within the functional discipline and provide functional guidance, direction and briefing.
* Apply engineering controls and procedures to all projects and check whether all design and construction contracts include reference to appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards applicable to their discipline.
* Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to all projects and check whether the environmental aspects of all projects are managed in accordance with Network Rail Environmental Policy.
* Monitor all projects for compliance with Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards and Network Rail project control procedures.
* Advise project and programme management in respect of all construction activities, testing and commissioning, and site supervision. Monitor whether the design and construction elements meet the requirements of legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
* Assure whether contractors' design, construction and specialist personnel are competent.
* Undertake reviews of design and construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors to monitor whether safety and quality of design, construction testing and commissioning and management systems are adequate.
* Undertake the duties of nominated design and construction / design construction engineer.
* Undertake accident investigations when remitted to by the relevant designated competent person.
Essential experience will include:
2 x roles Both require experience in standard development & training material development (subject matter expert)
1) requires DC expertise & demarcation development and trialling
* Project engineering
2) Requires AC & OHL experience
* Project engineering
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.