£370.00 - £420.00 per day
about 2 months ago
We are currently looking for a Senior Engineer to be responsible for the development of and implementation of a delivery plan for technical content that will be written by the professional heads of engineering.
The assignment scope is to work on technical strategies primarily in rail but also other London transport modes.
The knowledge, skills and experience expected of the Senior Engineer will be as follows:
- Good understanding of the delivery of projects at an early stage including a thorough knowledge of one or more of the following specialisms: Business case development, whole life cost, securing external sources of funding for R+D, obsolescence management.
- Understanding of London's UK, European and international transport industries, best practice, benchmarking and horizon scanning.
- Commercial awareness, understanding of business cases, monetisation models, whole life cost, supply chains, procurement strategies and how to get best value.
- Detailed knowledge of an engineering discipline.
- Ability to think strategically - making connections across the organisation, communicating with and developing these connections to enable best outcome for the business.
- Ability to identify and combine a number of different engineering disciplines (covering hardware and software) in order to develop solutions.
- Experience of early stage project delivery in transport including needs analysis, problem definition, choice of lifecycle framework, concept development, option identification, engineering analysis techniques and business case development.
- Experience of one of the following:
- Delivering early stage projects where there is client uncertainty
- Delivering research and development projects
- Delivering obsolescence solutions in a large organisation
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
In order to apply for the Senior Engineer, please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.