Tyne and Wear, England
Up to £30.00 per hour
3 months ago
Our Client, BAe Systems Washington has a requirement for a Senior Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of the Process and Design Engineering team, including the delivery of engineering projects and trials.
There will be a requirement to support Munitions based tasks when required, working at Washington and off site at other BAE sites and partner trial facilities, customers' and suppliers' establishments.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for all processes and products being validated to meet the business' and customer's requirements - this is for both existing processes and products and new ones.
The role requires an understanding of product build standards, engineering drawings and principles to support production and development projects.
The Senior Engineer will provide suitable objectives to the Process Engineers, monitoring and managing performance against those objectives accordingly.
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for ensuring liaison between the Process Engineers and other functions such as Manufacturing Engineering, Safety, Quality, Procurement and Logistics to successfully tackle production issues, following the relevant processes and procedures, identifying suitable causes, remedial actions and corrective actions. Working closely with the New Product Introduction Manager, the Senior Engineer will also lead and provide support where necessary to new product introduction projects as a key growth and strategy objective for the business.
This role is crucial in achieving the business requirements for the manufacture of munition components to the required quality, cost and delivery requirements.
Where necessary, it is expected that the Senior Engineer will deliver the outputs of a Process Engineer to ensure objectives are achieved.
The Senior Engineer will support in the identification of manufacturing objectives and strategies to improve business performance.
Where a product fails to meet specification or drawing requirements, the Senior Engineer will perform technical analysis to determine if the product would still meet fit, form and function requirements.
To be the Authority for engineering and product changes at Washington.
Responsibilities include but are not solely limited to the below for both current products and new products.
* Representation of Process Engineering at daily SQCDP meeting, raising and managing issues and actions accordingly.
* Authority for Design Engineering in the Production Readiness Review process.
* Overall responsibility for the health and safety of the Process Engineering team.
* To ensure the provision and management of a Safe System of Work (SSOW) to include Manufacturing Instructions (SOPs) and General Risk, PUWER and COSHH assessments in line with company and statutory requirements for Process Engineer tasks.
* To ensure the provision and management of Process Engineer Safety Improvement Plans.
* To complete OSHENS and Talk Safes as per the business requirements, whilst ensuring Process Engineering targets are achieved.
* To deliver toolbox talks to Process Engineers.
* To apply 5S principles to provide a safe and efficient work area.
* To support the delivery of a right first time manufacturing process through accurate process validations against the customer specification requirements and internal specification requirements, delivering process capability analysis.
* To ensure conformance to the change management BMS to accurately manage change control using Team Centre. Accurately provide authorisation of manufacturing changes.
* To provide engineering governance to the Washington facility
* To support and ensure the raising, management and resolution of Q3's and manufacturing issues within Process Engineering, using SAP, in an accurate, reliable and timely manner.
* To ensure the use of Practical Problem Solving exercises to resolve manufacturing issues, leading, managing and supporting where necessary, using appropriate testing/ trials and data analysis using Minitab software.
* To ensure the creation and effective use of Process Trilogy documentation for each manufacturing process (PCP, PFMEA and Process Flow).
* To ensure the use of Workspace/ Team Centre to save documents in a structured manner.
* Ensure engineering compliance to LCM process.
* To lead and support Continuous Improvement (CI) activities and initiatives using lean principles and modern manufacturing techniques to identify opportunities to reduce cost.
* To ensure the provision and authorisation of the identification, justification, planning and project management of capital expenditure following the relevant BMS and PIE process, creating Technical Requirement Specifications. To provide the Authority from a Design Engineering perspective for PIEs.
* To ensure effective planning, introduction and optimisation of process changes, following the change management process.
* To proactively improve existing site KPI's utilising appropriate analytical/statistical tools and techniques (Practical Problem Solving).
* To lead and manage the engineering aspect of new product introduction projects in line with the BMS / LCM process.
* Support the introduction of new products and processes by providing a safe and efficient means of manufacture.
* Support the day to day manufacture of Washington products and the delivery of the Washington Manufacturing Schedule target of >96%, taking responsibility for the delivery of the process.
* To support Value Stream Maps, Process Maps and Lines of Balance for all manufacturing processes within the designated manufacturing area.
* Identify opportunities to improve process output through reduction in waste and process/ product optimisation.
* To identify opportunities to optimise product design in order to improve product delivery.
* Preparation and delivery of validation reports conforming product conformance against customer requirement specifications.