daily rate, negotiable
2 months ago
SENIOR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER - Newport, 6 months+, extension likely
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible to the Software Team Lead for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by:
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
ESSENTIAL PROVEN ABILITY
- Must have extensive ability of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies.
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must have ability in software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have knowledge of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role.
- Proficient in real-time software design and development in a resource constrained / embedded environment using C or C++.
- Familiar with pertinent design and architectural patterns.
- Object oriented analysis, design and development designed using UML.
- Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation.
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of Requirements Management (e.g. using DOORS)
- Software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products / systems.
- SQL database interfacing/design
- Software configuration management