Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £0.00 per day + Negotiable
Rail Technical Team
4 months ago
6 Months +
Morson International are looking to recruit experienced Electrical Engineers to join a large name within the Rolling Stock industry.
The purpose of the role is to integrate technology, safety and reliability enhancements onto rolling stock under turnkey projects. This extends from contract award, through design, material procurement, validation and installation.
You would be responsible for:
- Delivering solutions to a range of engineering problems related to passenger and freight rolling stock.
- Supporting the Head of Engineering and Project Managers by managing the engineering solutions.
- Producing technical documentation associated with a project, and support the design department in the production of engineering drawings
- Identifying and specifying components, and providing technical support to the procurement team.
- Undertaking vehicle surveys.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Working to agreed procedures for the control of all drawings and documentation.
- Mentoring and assisting in the development of less experienced members of the engineering team.
Ideally you will have:
- Working knowledge of core engineering skills.
- A good appreciation & technical understanding of the various rail vehicle systems.
- An understanding of the industry structure.
- Detailed knowledge and expertise of a number of specialist engineering techniques.