£42.3 - £48 per hour
7 months ago
The Programmes team are seeking a talented Electrical Building Services Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary team, working primarily on Saudi Arabia projects in support of our clients Saudi Arabia facilities programmes. This role is permanently based in the Head Office in Riyadh and the job holder will work under the direction of the UK based facilities team to support KSA projects locally in KSA. The applicant should have a minimum of 5 years practical experience within a design consultancy or Contractor environment. The role includes working with clients and stakeholders to turn requirements into concept and developed designs, the production of concept / developed design documentation, liaising with our customers and contractors, reviewing third party design and construction drawings and material specifications, executing technical site surveys and writing reports. The successful applicant will have great interpersonal skills and be prepared to work as part of a high performing team to deliver construction projects and to ensure the correct Engineering governance is applied through the project lifecycle. The role is based in our Head Office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and may involve travel to other KSA sites, as required by the business.
This is a 12 month contract position with the option to extend. The KSA working week is 45 hours. Free accommodation is included in the "Salwa" Compound which has a wide range of facilities. A monthly flight allowance will also be provided. The job holder will be allowed up to 8 weeks annual leave (unpaid) if required.
Business visas will be provided and it is the job holder's responsibility to ensure they leave KSA every 30 days to re-activate the visa.
* Chartered Engineer ECUK Status or Actively working towards.
* Degree Qualified in an Electrical or Building Services discipline.
* NEBOSH or other industry recognised safety qualification is desirable.
* A minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience within the construction industry.
* Experience in the design and specification of Electrical building services systems, including LV power distribution, lighting & emergency lighting, fire alarms, cable containment systems and the ability to produce technical construction drawings and details.
* Good level of general IT computer skills including MS Word, Excel etc.
* Previous experience of working in the defence sector or on KSA / RSAF Sites would be desirable.
* Report to the RES UK Principal Electrical Engineer and operate under his direction.
* Operate as RES Programmes In-Kingdom Electrical Engineer and act as customer interface for all electrical Engineering matters.
* Interpret customer technical requirements and develop them into concept / developed design documents including detailed drawings.
* Carry out site surveys, condition surveys of existing electrical building services and write up survey reports.
* Carry out technical review of contractor's design drawings and documents for accuracy and compliance with requirements and specification.
* Work with the Project Management function on various projects to provide Electrical input and support to projects as required.
* Manage own workload under minimal supervision to meet project deadlines.
* Attend Engineering and project meetings, input Electrical support and manage actions arising.
* Contribute to the Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) process, Risk Management, Safety, Health & the Environment (SHE), Product Safety and wider project issues as directed.