3 months ago
Senior Electrical Engineer, Contract or Permanent , Nuclear ,Gloucester
The purpose of the post is to provide day-to-day support on all Electrical Engineering matters, and deliver on the discipline work plans, as established and requested by the Lead Electrical Engineer, this will also include working closely with the supply chain ensuring delivery and sharing of appropriate advice and knowledge transfer.
- Support the Lead Electrical Engineer, as a core member of the Design Authority Team, in the delivery of business plan related targets and undertake specific roles within the Horizon Management System when so required.
- Deliver in accordance with the Electrical Engineering work plans, as requested by the Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Contribute to reports that provide discipline evidence or knowledge to underpin the claims and arguments made in the safety case and Clients Nuclear Safety Principles.
- Support the Lead Electrical Engineer in receiving and reviewing submissions for acceptance from the supply chain.
- Support the Lead Electrical Engineer in documenting design claims, arguments and evidence with particular consideration to design basis and substantiation.
- Facilitate and encourage transfer of knowledge and information from supply chain or SMEs, in order to assist it in the licensing and permitting process and the establishment of its Intelligent Customer capability.
- Comply with HMS and, where appropriate, critically evaluate providing feedback for any improvement.
- Deliver advice within designated areas of expertise, across a range of Electrical Engineering activities, including: design, safety substantiation, procurement, testing and commissioning of electrical power generation, distribution systems and in the suitability of the Structures and Components forming part of those (and other) engineering systems.
- Work to ensure that the Electrical Engineering design input to assigned power station systems is compatible with the Safety Case for those systems.
- Work to ensure that the nuclear safety standards demanded by the site license requirements/safety case are met in the delivery of the assigned Electrical Engineering designs.
Contribute to the production of design risk assessments.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject.
- Chartered professional, or corporate membership of a relevant professional body/institution.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Ability to provide customer focussed advice, support and technical expertise into the Sub-programme and Delivery Areas.
- A fundamental understanding of discipline principles, analysis techniques, design, materials, software and specification within the Nuclear sector.
- Experience in specification, development, control, checking and review of work within a regulated environment.
- Experience in documenting design claims, arguments and evidence with particular consideration to design basis and substantiation
- Experience of producing technical specifications, design basis and substantiation documents.
- Experience of formal acceptance processes within regulated environments.
- Demonstrates effective planning, prioritisation and delivery (through self and others).
- Ability to communicate effectively and to build productive and collaborative relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Evidence of using judgement and initiative to benefit business and individual performance.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organisation.
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours aligned to Horizon Values: safety, courage, integrity, collaboration and inspiration.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.
- Experience of Nuclear sector.
- Experience of Safety Assessment Principles & Site License Conditions.
- Deep understanding of relevant analysis and design techniques and software.
- Experience of construction and commissioning on a nuclear site and material/workmanship specifications.
- Working knowledge of the nuclear power plant operation and relationship of design to safety case.
- Working knowledge of the ABWR operation and relationship of design to safety case.
- Knowledge of inspection and maintenance regimes.
- Knowledge of relevant Statutory Instruments e.g. CDM Regulations, HASWA, EPA, COSHH etc.