Morson are currently working in partnership with BAE Systems, Portsmouth and have an exciting requirement for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join the team in Portsmouth on an initial 6 month contract basis. The role is operating INSIDE IR35 at a rate of £39.62 PAYE / £50.92 Umbrella (Inside IR35.
Senior Electrical Engineer
Client - BAE Systems
Location - Portsmouth
Rate - £39.62 PAYE £50.92 Umbrella
The Role Holder:
* Provides Electrical engineering support to any required aspect within Engineering & Digital Services.
* Supports project-based engineering activities, using skills and experience to assist in the development of Electrical systems based products.
* Applies knowledge and experience to support the design and optimisation of goods, services and engineering activities.
* Independently, with minimal supervision, resolves engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations.
* Conducting all activities in a professional manner delivering Electrical Systems design solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project or business milestones
* Conducting a wide range of activities including feasibility studies, research, design, development and post design services, involving the full Engineering Lifecycle, to meet defined project or business requirements.
* Ensuring that work is undertaken in accordance with Company, Safety, Environmental, contractual and local business processes, standards, procedures and documentation.
* Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients.
* Preparation and submission of technical proposals and tenders as directed by bid manager in order to provide costed proposals for future work.
* Maintain accurate records of all design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken.
* Liaison with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors and customers as required to satisfy the needs of the Project or the business.
* When appropriate, the supervision of undergraduates or young persons assigned for training to assist in the development of their knowledge and skills.
* Promoting the skill areas capabilities and department to attract new work.
* Responding to any new requirements which management request for new work or business need.
* Works with minimal supervision either on their own or within a team. They may be called upon to lead small teams of engineers and supporting staff when appropriate.
* When appropriate, the supervision of undergraduates or young persons assigned for training to assist in the development of their knowledge and skills
* Ability to undertake assigned tasks using engineering knowledge and experience, working individually or employing expertise from the immediate team or from other subject matter experts.
* Competent to act as Design Authority (DA) for Electrical systems when authorised by both the System Design Authority.
* Acknowledged practitioner in the broad discipline of Electrical Systems Engineering and its integration with others, capable of managing and supporting a design solution through the full Engineering Lifecycle, with a working knowledge of some Lifecycle phases and the ability to act as an internal Design and Phase Review Assessor.
* A good understanding of engineering principles and techniques and will be familiar with product safety requirements.
* Proactive continuation of professional development.
* Good communication skills and able to understand technical specifications and communicate complex technical information to others.
* Degree level of education, or an equivalent level of competence with appropriate training and significant proven engineering experience.
* Demonstrates the competencies required of Chartered and/or Incorporated Engineer described within the EC UK Standard for Professional Engineering.
* Membership of an appropriate Institution, e.g. Institution of Electrical Engineers, would be desirable.