£45000 - £50000 per annum
Phil Dobbins MREC Dip.R.P
14 days ago
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Electrical & Automation
Electrical Design, Engineering & Instrumentation of process plants within the food, beverage, personal care & homecare industries. Duties to include but not limited to:
* Engineering specifications for electrical control panels and electrical installation
* Specify and discuss instrumentation requirements with the Process Department and our suppliers
* Supporting sales team in proposals by estimating labour and materials costs using internal and supplier tools.
* Management of control panel manufacturing liaising with suppliers and where required assisting testing control panels before shipment to site.
* Creating Load/Motor Schedules from the P&ID and relevant equipment data sheets.
* Liaising with site and project team for the duration of the installation and supporting site manager during the installation period if any design questions should arise.
* Design of electrical loop diagrams, cable routes and layouts.
* Approval of Control Panel schematics and layouts, incorporating the connection data onto the electrical loop diagrams.
* Configuration and commissioning of instruments and VSDs and support I/O testing with the wider project team
* Prepare site commissioning file complete with construction status electrical drawings
* Complete and issue electrical drawings to the documentation team on completion of the project.
* Ensure that all electrical criteria's are met from initial concept through detailed design, panel testing and handover as defined in the project documentation.
* A good understanding of the food, beverage, personal care and home care industries including all relevant regulations and certifications.
* Previous experience with hazardous area regulations and ATEX
* A good understanding of control systems (Such as Siemens or Rockwell), Profibus DP, Profinet and industrial Ethernet networks.
* Ability to specify, technically and commercially appraise, recommend, select and source various control panel components
* Panel testing in the UK
* Ability to design and specify control systems utilising IO Link, Profinet, Profibus DP, Profibus PA, ASI networks & HART/4-20mA technologies.
* Experience with instrumentation applications including but not limited to Flow, Level, Pressure, Temperature, Weight Systems & Analytical
* Experience with instrument suppliers including but not limited to Endress & Hauser, IFM, Siemens & Mettler Toledo
* End user documentation and liaising with the after sales department to complete the project manual.
HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with relevant industry experience.
The primary location would be at the Warrington office. Standard working hours would be Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm. Occasional visits to client's sites for meetings, surveys, and commissioning support will be required.
* 5 Years+ experience in the design and engineering of electrical process systems.
* Ability to design control systems from P&ID's & Process Data Sheets
* Generation of project documentation (electrical drawings, proposals and specifications)
* AutoCAD & Microsoft Office literate
* Control Panel Design & Testing
* Understanding of electrical regulations relating to Hazardous Area applications.
* Technical and professional knowledge
* Ability to work alone and as a team
* Must be proactive and resourceful
* Teamwork and Co-operational skills
* Planning and Organisational skills
* Good Communication skills
* UK Driving Licence
Salary Circa £45 - 50K Plus benefits