Up to £50.15 per hour
8 months ago
Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Portsmouth | Duration: 12 Months | Pay Rate: £50.15 per hour
A vacancy exists within a multinational aerospace, security, and defence company for a Senior Electrical Engineer to undertake the development and delivery of specific electrical engineering work packages associated with the power and propulsion (P&P) system engineering aspects of a high-value defence project, hereby referred to as the product. The role holder is to ensure that the electrical tasks undertaken for the product's P&P systems solution are fully integrated and consistent with its wider/platform electrical solution.
The role may include, but not be limited to the following activities:
- Design and develop solutions for the assigned electrical engineering work packages of the product's P&P solution to meet programme, business and customer requirements.
- Satisfy delegated project cost and schedule objectives through the effective management of quality and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Evidence robust design through the provision of supporting documents for the product's P&P system safety case and other relevant/appropriate outputs.
- Provide realistic programme status of [the role holder's] owned work package, identifying problem areas and implementing agreed recovery plans.
- Support the technical interface on daily matters concerning the electrical aspects of the P&P system solution with all members of the product's complex stakeholder community.
- Takes into account the design integrity and safety of the product's P&P system electrical work packages as assigned by the Principal Electrical P&P Systems Engineer.
- Applies knowledge and detailed understanding to electrical engineering theories, concepts, practices, principles and approaches - exercising theoretical engineering knowledge, practice & skills to develop products & services, specifications, designs and developments: resolving any technical & performance issues at platform, product or service level.
- Undertakes peer reviews or checking/verification of tasks as directed.
- May mentor junior P&P electrical systems engineering staff working on the product ie Grads/IPs.
The role holder is to evidence the successful delivery of projects, programmes and contracts of this size and complexity within the naval/marine P&P system electrical engineering domain. The desired skillset includes:
- The ability to present engineering output at formal technical reviews, verifying and validating electrical engineering designs for [the role holder's] owned P&P system area.
- The capacity to work independently with limited technical direction as part of a small team, delivering quality and timely engineering outputs for their assigned work packages.
- The ability to apply appropriate concepts and principles in naval marine P&P system electrical engineering.
- Renown as both knowledgeable and skilled in the relevant discipline(s).
Additional Security Information
Due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must have worked in the defence industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining a UK MoD Security Clearance (SC level minimum).