Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Vital Glasgow Construction
6 months ago
Vital resource are currently working with a well known and well established Construction and Engineering company to assist them in their search for experienced Electrical Engineers.
As an electrical engineer you will be expected to perform the following:
- Lead projects from concept stage to completion
- Liaise with clients, architects and project managers
- As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will lead the Electrical Services design for a range of projects
- Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors
- Production of detailed Schematics
- Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation
- Mentoring of junior engineering staff
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will be tasked with Providing fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
- Tender report / analysis / recommendations
- Develop project scope with design team / client
- Produce budgets and reports for clients
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Prepare project programs using MS project.
- Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
- Carry out lighting design calculations.
- Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will possess experience in the construction industry including Design.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of engineers
- Experience coordinating/interfacing with other disciplines within the organisation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT an advantage
- Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for the Data Centre sector or similar
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques
- Deep knowledge of ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards
For this our client is willing to offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive package, if you would like more information or to apply, please contact Jamie Nicholson.