Up to £50.15 per hour
8 months ago
Morson International are currently working in partnership with a top defence company and have a requirements for 2 x Senior Electrical Engineers. Full details of the role below.
This role carries out the development and delivery of specific electrical engineering work packages associated with the power and propulsion system engineering aspects for the project.
This role is to ensure that the electrical tasks undertaken for the power and propulsion systems solution are fully integrated and consistent with the wider platform electrical solution.
This role requires an experienced and knowledgeable power generation and propulsion systems engineer, who have the proven technical breadth & depth in this area to be acknowledged to have successfully delivered on projects, programmes and contracts of this size and complexity.
Design and develop solutions for the assigned electrical engineering work packages of the power and propulsion programme, business and customer requirements. ·
Apply engineering expertise relating to the electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system engineering assigned activities, for the development of the system solution. ·
Support the achievement of delegated project cost and schedule objectives, whilst continually maintaining quality and other performance requirements.
- Support the technical interface on all day-to-day matters concerning the electrical aspects of the power and propulsion system solution with the customer, alliance partners and key supply chain OEMs, including the Ministry DE&S, Naval Command, MCTA, etc.
- Can work independently with limited technical direction as part of a small team, delivering quality and timely engineering outputs for their assigned work packages.
- May mentor junior (ie Grads \ IPs) electrical systems engineering staff.
- Working towards final stages of CEng level or equivalent level of capability
- Can present engineering output at formal technical reviews, verifying and validating electrical engineering designs. Also, undertakes peer reviews or checking / verification of tasks as directed.
- Provide realistic programme status of owned work package, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
- Provide support for assurance that the overall system design is adequate i.e. it is robust, and provide supporting documentation for the safety case. Functional Knowledge (Requirements for knowledge of functional work and activities)