Up to £38.50 per hour
8 days ago
Our Client is seeking a talented Electrical Building Services Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary team, working mainly within the defence sector. The applicant should have a minimum of 5 years practical experience within a design consultancy or Contractor environment. The role includes working with clients and stakeholders to turn requirements into concept and developed designs, the production of concept / developed design documentation, liaising with our customers and contractors, reviewing third party design and construction drawings and material specifications, executing technical site surveys and writing reports. The successful applicant will have great interpersonal skills and be prepared to work as part of a high performing team to deliver construction projects and to ensure the correct Engineering governance is applied through the project lifecycle. The role is based in Preston, and will involve travel to other UK sites, with occasional overnight stays in the UK and potentially short overseas site visits, as required by the business.
- Chartered Engineer ECUK Status or actively working towards same.
- HND or Degree Qualified in an Electrical or Building Services discipline.
- City and Guilds 17th Edition
- NEBOSH or other industry recognised safety qualification is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience within the construction industry.
- Experience in the design and specification of Electrical building services systems, including LV/HV power distribution, lighting & emergency lighting, fire alarms, cable containment systems and the ability to produce technical construction drawings and details.
- Capability in the use of AutoCAD and/or Revit 2015 BIM Level 2-3 would be desirable.
- Good level of general IT computer skills including MS Word, Excel etc.
- Previous experience of working in the defence sector or on UK MOD Sites would be desirable.
- Report to the Engineering Manager and operate under his direction.
- Interpret customer technical requirements and develop them into concept / developed design documents including detailed drawings.
- Carry out site surveys, condition surveys of existing electrical building services and write up survey reports.
- Carry out technical review of contractor's design drawings and documents for accuracy and compliance with requirements and specification.
- Work with the Project Management function on various projects to provide Electrical input and support to projects as required.
- Manage own workload under minimal supervision to meet project deadlines.
- Attend Engineering and project meetings, input Electrical support and manage actions arising.
- Contribute to the Engineering Lifecycle (ELC) process, Risk Management, Safety, Health & the Environment (SHE), Product Safety and wider project issues as directed.
- Duties require full Security Clearance.
- Duties require UK driving licence
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance though can start on baseline clearance.