Senior EC&I Designer x 3
The Senior Designer provides support and technical guidance for a team of multi-disciplined designers. The role will assure the quality of output to the required standards consistent with whole lifecycle from concept to in service support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to the individuals discipline and the holder must be able to demonstrate appropriate CAD skills as well as good written and verbal communications. Requires specialist knowledge and substantial experience in a design subject area.
The role takes Designs and develops solutions, resolves design issues and problems for a range of specialist design situations. Provides specialist technical advice and guidance to other designers, provides design governance for technical standards for a team. Works with high degree of technical autonomy and typically incorporated Engineer status.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
Brief job responsibilities:-
• Allocate discipline tasks to allocated team of Designers, check team drawing outputs, and ensure inter discipline coordination in accordance with company and regulatory standards
• Promote effective co-operation across Design and other functional teams
• Assist in effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
• Advise and assist in selecting the correct methods and tools for tasks and provide technical assistance to allocated team of Designers
• Contribute to the preparation/production of drawings in support of basic, detail and production design in line with recognised ISO standards and to the required time, cost and quality requirements.
• Provide point of contact with professional engineering colleagues and various stakeholders for discipline related issues during design lifecycle, contribute to design reviews and ensure coordination and functionality of design
• HNC/HND minimum in a relevant discipline OR equivalent academic qualification
• Experience in a detailed design environment
• Good knowledge of CAD tools
• Knowledge of General Engineering Drawing Practice
• Incorporated Engineer status
• ICF (Integrated Competency Framework) to be demonstrated or being worked towards.
• Demonstrable experience in technical leading of a multi-disciplined design team
• Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
• Member of relevant Professional Institute
• Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
Senior EC&I Designer
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: Market related
- Job Type:Contract
- Sector: Power, Nuclear and Utilities
- Contact: Zaida Bhana
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01452 225120
- Duration: 12 months
- Start Date: ASAP
- Job Ref: 212179ZB
Senior EC&I Designer x 3