£35.00 - £38.00 per hour
9 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior E, C & I Designer to join our nuclear biased client based in Whitehaven, Cumbria. This is a long term contract, please see further details below
B229 Engineering Support
Design support to the delivery of the Analytical Services and Active Area Services project portfolios, inclusive of multi-discipline design activities to support COSR implementation and ongoing asset care.
The role of designer is to deliver design packages across the portfolio, under the management and supervision of the responsible engineer.
Candidates will be required to
* Apply the principles of the Sellafield gated process to all tasks and activities for which they are involved in.
* Determine Engineering Requirements.
* Produce or check outline designs and documentation.
* Produce or check detailed designs and documentation.
* Deliver tasks for which they are accountable to project cost a schedule.
* Produce high quality documentation, drawings and project deliverables.
* Assist the Responsible Design Engineer at design reviews with clear presentation of the tasks design deliverables to all attendees.
* Guide and mentor graduates, apprentices and other team members.
Able to demonstrate an appreciation and understanding of the main laws and regulations that affect the safety, design and operation of plant and equipment including, Nuclear Installations Act & Site Licence Conditions, Health & Safety at Work Act and various regulations including Safety of Machinery, EWR CDM, LOLER, Pressure Systems, DSEAR, Ionising Radiation.
Check and Approve Work Course D03770
Design Change Course D03760
B229 Active/Non Active Inducted
Experience of B229 Facility
Respirator fit test trained
Ability to obtain Classified/Monitored Worker
Knowledge of the Sellafield Ltd Management System (SLMS)
Adaptable and dynamic
Ability to use engineering judgement
Able to work with minimal supervision
Ability to supervise and mentor other staff members
Ability to obtain SC Clearance (minimum)
Ability to obtain P1 or P4 Pass
Client IT systems (MS Office, Cimage etc.)