Up to £0.00 per annum
8 months ago
Great opportunity to work as a Senior Drilling Engineer for a successful E&P company.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Manage the well engineering activities throughout the entire well design and construction process. Ensure the well design meets the well objectives and is engineered in accordance with the applicable regulations and established standards and safe practices. Management of risk must be included. Well construction will be in an environmentally friendly manner.
* Ensure that information from offset and analogous wells is thoroughly reviewed and used to benefit the design and execution of the well.
* Prepare documentation for the Basis of Design, casing design, drill string design, bit and bottom-hole assembly design, marine riser analysis, mud and cement programs, casing running and cementing procedures, directional drilling plans, well barrier envelopes, relief well plans including dynamic kill calculations, worst credible case discharge calculations, review engineering calculations from third party contractors and well control procedures
* Write a detailed drilling program for use by the operations team in the execution of the project work scope. Provide background information that may have been used in determining the final well design to the operations team as necessary.
* 8 to 12 years of broad well engineering experience with an operator in planning and execution of drilling operations on both exploration and production or development projects.
* A minimum of 4 years in a planning type role responsible for preparation of well design, Basis of Design, detailed drilling programs, detailed time and cost estimates for exploration and development drilling, and well completions. Knowledge of Managed Pressure Drilling would be considered an extra skill set that would be good to have.
* Must be able to travel to the drilling site and work in an engineering role. Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
* Strong modeling skills and thorough understanding of casing design and design load cases via the use of WELLCAT is required. Experience in annular pressure build-up analysis is good to have.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and have the skills to generate and deliver high quality presentations.
* Experience in subsea well completions as well as in Drill Stem Testing is an advantage.
* Must maintain a current Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) Certificate and Oil & Gas UK Medical Certificate.