Manchester, Greater Manchester
£28.50 - £34.50 per day
3 months ago
Morson International are currently working in partnership with a large defence company and require Electrical Designers to work at their base in Manchester. Rate of pay is £28.50 per hour plus £6 per hour travellers allowance for those living 40+ miles from the location. Overtime is paid at £32.78 per hours. Full job description below.
- Develop and produce CAD models, drawings and other Technical Outputs consistent with the contractual requirements to meet target dates and budget demands (Delivery to time, quality and budget)
- Develop and draw 2D Diagrams, utilising the relevant tool-set. 3D Integration within the Product Model
- Produce other technical outputs consistent with contractual requirements
- Provide and produce relevant calculations.
- Produce drawing outputs from the 3D Model Perform self-verification of own work
- Cross checking of peers and subordinates work Produce Process Standards
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience of design in one or more of the following industries:
- Defence, Power Industry or Oil and Gas or similar industries
- Demonstrable ability at utilising 2D CAD design packages Ability to apply the relevant Engineering processes regarding the integration, of the relevant, systems and equipment within the 3D CAD Product Model
- Show knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Electrical Cableways, Systems, Control and Instrumentation.
- Ideally experience or familiarity with FORAN package (or transferrable packages CADDS5 or Catia v5 or v6)
- Ability to perform the supporting calculations with the regard to the above areas. Shipbuilding/ marine experience preferred
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.