10 months ago
SENIOR DESIGN MANAGER - Commercial Offices
Salary £ Highly Competitive and Package
We are partnering a leading UK construction and civil engineering company who maintains a stable presence across all the major construction market sectors. With a healthy portfolio of exciting projects we are seeking to speak with a high number of Design Managers for an array or projects throughout the UK,
Job Overview Purpose
A member of a pre-construction or construction team reporting to the Bid Manager or Project Manager respectively, who manages the timely delivery of technically compliant, cost efficient design solutions on construction projects during the work winning stage and/or through the project delivery stage.
The Design Manager:
* Upholds the Visions and Values of the Company
* Enables the delivery of well-considered, quality design solutions
* Plans design workloads and motivates teams of people, to work collaboratively in delivering a coordinated and coherent design
* Encourages and inspires designers to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources and talents in a cost effective way
* Strives to eliminate health and safety risks in the design
The Senior Design Manager is responsible for:
* Ensuring that the competency of proposed design consultants is assessed in compliance with CDM Regulations
* Engaging design consultants in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS) necessary to deliver the tender and construction information.
* Advising the Bid Manager on the appropriate level of design fees for inclusion in the tender submission.
* Producing a design report for review at the tender settlement in accordance with the Company Project Governance Policy.
* Drafting work package scope summary document for discussion and agreement with commercial and construction staff.
* Reviewing sub-contract tender returns to confirm they are technically compliant with the Employer's Requirements/Statutory Requirements and advising the Bid Manager regarding any items which are non-compliant.
* Drafting the Design Management Plan in accordance with the CMS and preparing the associated design management documents, including design and procurement programme control documents, for submission with the tender.
* Developing and agreeing the project BIM Protocol with the design consultants in conjunction with the Project BIM Manager.
* Scheduling and chairing design progress review meetings and design workshops as necessary to develop the tender design information.
* Drafting the design management, design proposal and specification sections of the Contractor's proposals or prequalification documents as instructed by the Bid Manager.
Taking due account of the CMS, the Senior Design Manager is responsible for managing the timely delivery of a cost effective design that is compliant with the main contract obligations. Key requirements in this context are:
* Establishing, in conjunction with construction and commercial staff, the scope and design responsibilities for sub-contractor work packages and the associated design and procurement programme
* Establishing design deliverables and associated issue dates with design consultants and sub-contractors and allocate design deliverables to the work packages
* Scheduling and chairing design workshops with consultants and those sub-contractors with design responsibility, to ensure that they maintain the appropriate level of resource and deliver comprehensive and properly coordinated design information in accordance with the terms of their Appointment/Subcontract, on time and to the required quality
* Establishing a structure for, and the use of, Viewpoint for Projects (VfP) or similar Common Data Environment,
* Reviewing drawings and design submissions, in conjunction with construction / commercial staff, for compliance with:
* The Contractor's Proposals / Employer's Requirements,
* Statutory Requirements,
* The Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015,
* The Construction Cost Plan.
* Degree (or equivalent) in Construction Management, Structural / Civil Engineering, Architecture or other construction related discipline
* Relevant Construction Skills Certificate Card
* Membership of a construction related Professional Body (e.g. CIOB, ICE, RIBA)
Please send CV