7 months ago
Senior Design Engineer x 2 , Permanent or Contract, Bradley Stoke , Bristol
The senior design engineer will be responsible for managing a small team of design engineers delivering fire alarm systems across multiply buildings at a high profile nuclear site in the South West of England.
The designs will comply with all relevant British/European and nuclear standards/rules and regulations such as BS5839, BS EN 54, BS9999 etc.
Reporting to the Deputy Project Director, the Senior Design Engineer will have a thorough knowledge of all relevant British/ European Standards relating to fire detection and experience in the design, development and installation of large scale fire detection/aspirating systems. The successful candidate will need to manage all relevant aspects of the project ensuring tasks and objectives are completed on time to cost and quality.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading a small team of design engineers
- Reviewing client building packages
- Preparing project documentation and plans
- Quality verification
- Project document management and co-ordination
- Weekly report to the Deputy Project Director
- Develop and deliver system wide operation and maintenance manuals.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the project, product, specifications and the documentation requirements
- Supporting and aiding in the development of an efficient and effective CAD process across all design engineers
- Management of documentation ie revision control, and file storage procedures
- Create and maintain the information architecture (layout & design) distribute and track original electronic document files in an precise and efficient manner
- In accordance with the designer capability statement, check and verify documentation and designs completed by engineers with a lower SQEP (Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person) level.
SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENT FOR SQEP LEVEL 4:
- Chartered Electrical Engineer (desirable but not essential)
- Member of IET/ IEE or equivalent (desirable but not essential)
- Degree/HND (essential)
- Knowledge and experience working with and designing to BS5839 Part 1 (essential)
- Experience working in a similar electrical engineering environment in the nuclear industry and/or major construction projects (essential)
- Competent in generating technical documentation including specifications/reports and drawings etc (essential)
- Experience in using Auto CAD / Navisworks(desirable but not essential)
SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENT FOR SQEP LEVEL 3:
- HND/OND (desirable but not essential)Knowledge and experience working with and designing to BS5839 Part 1 (essential)
- Extensive experience in design/commissioning fire alarm systems in the nuclear industry and/or major construction projects (essential)
- Competent in generating technical documents and specifications (essential) Experience in using Auto CAD system (desirable)
- Experience in using Navis works (desirable).