Up to £0.00 per annum
13 days ago
12 months +
Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Senior Design Engineer (Control & Protection) for an on-going contract role based in Prenton.
Protection and Control Engineer is an integral part of the overall delivery of major projects. It is important to engage with the Engineering Design Team, 132kV projects Team & 132kV Field Operations to ensure project progression from design, through construction to ultimately the testing and commissioning of the assets. This includes designing, reviewing and delivering protection and control tests and commissioning for distribution networks (up to 132kV), providing specialist technical support, advice and input throughout the portfolio.
* Ensure the protection and control systems (132kV and 33kV) for major projects are designed, tendered, tested and commissioned in accordance with the project programme to the required business standards and specifications
* Provide expert advice and input into protection and control systems as well the planning, preparation, tendering and delivery phases of major projects
* Support (including prepare, organise and schedule) Commissioning Panels and subsequent meetings
* Support the commissioning programmes as required for major projects
* Support commissioning tests and procedures
* Monitor, liaise and ensure the commissioning undertaken by third parties and/or appointed contractors
* Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations
Skills & Requirements
* Proven experience of the design, development and completion of protection and control solutions for major projects
* Experience and knowledge of high voltage operational and safety requirements
* Experience of and able to implement quality assurance processes
* Ability to implement, apply and promote CDM and Health & Safety best practice in a design environment
* Awareness of commercial, environmental and legal requirements associated with the delivery of major projects
* Awareness of financial governance and project level forecasting
* Awareness of procurement processes and contract management
* Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as minimum:
* Experience in the design, development and completion of protection and control solutions for major projects
* Proven track record of working within an engineering or operational role.
* HNC or above in an engineering discipline.
* UK Driving Licence
* Requirement to work flexibly to meet the needs and location of projects.