about 1 month ago
Senior Design Engineer - Edinburgh (Home/Site based) - Contract - 6 months
My client are a leading Tier 1 contractor who require the services of a Senior Design Engineer (Civil / Structural) for a new build, high-rise project in Edinburgh city centre. The project is to consist of over 400 apartments and has a value of £70m, this is set to be completed by summer 2022.
We require a Senior Design Engineer (Civil / Structural) to oversee a team of engineers and CAD technicians responsible for producing design solutions for construction. The successful candidate will be motivated and have a keen interest and proven track record in Structural, Civil or Geotechnical engineering and appreciative of architecture.
They will be responsible for:
- Preparing designs in accordance with MDG QA procedures.
- Attend team meetings with both internal and external disciplines.
- Provide buildability support and due diligence reports on design solutions carried out by external consultants.
- Use their engineering, programme/time awareness and practical/technical knowledge to deliver design solutions that meet my clients contractual obligations, recognise current legislation, standards and code of practice.
- Analyse and challenge the brief and programme resulting in implications to the design.
- Good knowledge of CDM 2015 Health & Safety and environment awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least 10 years experience in a similar environment.
- AUTOCAD & REVIT experience/knowledge.
- CPD approved.
- Have experience in Masonry and timber design.
- Working knowledge of drainage design.
- Bridges/Highways or Rail structure design experience.
- Knowledge of Soil structure interaction/geotechnical design.
- BSc, BEng or equivalent in relevant discipline OR MSc or MEng.