Up to £36.00 per hour
0161 707 1516
2 months ago
BAE Systems seek experienced Design Engineers to support the design and manufacture of their next generation fighter aircraft.
Please get in touch with myself on 0161 511 2357 or click below to apply.
To develop current and next generation aircraft products and technologies, numerous opportunities exist for those interested in the challenges across several lifecycle phases. The Tempest programme has provided a significant increase in Design Engineering resource demand. In the delivery of the Air projects, we are aiming to develop, sustain and replenish Design Engineering knowledge, skills and experience. The purpose of this vacancy description is to establish a role to be deployed on other Air programmes, related tasks across the range of Design Engineering skills.
The roles will equip successful applicants with career fulfilling and personally rewarding experience.
Air Sector is the part of BAE Systems responsible for the design, development, manufacture, clearance and in-service support of fixed wing combat and training aircraft, and unmanned air vehicles. We also provide training, support and information services for the UK RAF and other customers worldwide.
The Airframe Design Engineering Discipline is responsible for producing the physical product definition against a set of system functional requirements from multiple sources. The capabilities of Design Engineers comprise a range of sub-skills in the creation of solutions to satisfy conceptual, preliminary definition and detail design, verification/compliance, build/assembly and in-service support lifecycle phases. Design deliveries are produced for manufacturing and through-life upgrades. A variety of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) applications toolset versions are used in the creation and upgrades of design definition to achieve customer requirements, in compliance with functional and business processes.
Senior Designer role responsibilities:
* Airframe Design capabilities comprise one or more of the following design technical skills areas: Concept & Configuration Design, Structural Design - Composites, Structural Design - Metallics, Mechanical Systems Design, Fluid Systems Design, Electrical Circuits Design, Electrical Installation Design, Build & In-Service Design Support, Computer Aided Design, Components Engineering.
* Analysing information and applying sound engineering judgement to solve problems.
* Need to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of stakeholders.
* Working with external customers, suppliers and partners.
* Managing Design tasks to meet design review criteria and programme schedules.
* Working in a multidisciplinary integrated product development environment influencing adjacent Airframe and Systems disciplines.
* Applying relevant engineering and design standards and processes to product definition.
Start on BPSS but will obtain full UK Security Clearance throughout the contract.
£36.00 per hour - inside IR35
Work from home basis during COVID.