South Lanarkshire, Scotland
13 days ago
Our client a leading Energy Company are seeking a Senior Design Engineer for a long-term contract role based in South Lanarkshire.
Reporting to the Project Unit Manager within the Substations Projects delivery workstream, Project Unit 4 for day-to-day activities and functionally to the Plant Engineering Section Head for engineering matters, you will be responsible for developing and delivering engineering solutions, from feasibility to detailed engineering designs, for all plant engineering for transmission networks (132kV and above) including substations and all other associated 33kV and ancillary equipment. This will include providing the necessary basic and detailed engineering specifications and designs for projects, innovation, effective technical support, advice and input throughout the lifecycle of the project.
* Advise on the development of pre-contract design and delivery of projects by leading/supporting the technical aspects of switchgear, transformers and all other associated equipment.
* Perform all duties with a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environment compliance and continuous improvement.
* Assess engineering documentation, feasibility and compliance with client requirements and support the preparation of accurate budgets for new projects.
* Advise on construction and outage programmes where required in relation to plant engineering.
* Responsible for providing technical assessment of tender submissions and reporting recommendations to client.
* Define main plant and ancillary apparatus requirements for input to System Construction Authorisation (SCA), Project Technical Specifications and BETTA documentation.
* Preparation/Review of substation plant drawings and specifications for construction/procurement. Control of correspondence and drawings to be issued to the
* Project Development and Delivery Teams.
* Lead the technical resolution of site/ construction main plant issues
* Assist with evaluation and apply 'new ideas', technical developments, new equipment and alternative-working methods to provide cost savings, efficiencies and improved safety.
* Contribute to training needs assessment for new products or similar and the development and delivery of technical, operational and safety packages for such products.
Skills and Requirements
The successful candidate will have a degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
They should be working towards membership of a professional institution.
Proven experience in a responsible position and knowledge in one or more of the following
areas at voltages from 33kV to 400kV:
* Transmission and distribution system design
Good inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to form effective working relationships with other individuals, departments and businesses.
Knowledge of health & safety requirements and compliance.
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
* Engineering degree or HNC/HND with equivalent experience
* Chartered Engineer or working towards this
* Skills in use of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, AutoCAD.
* Knowledge of Transmission Operator, REC or DNO Networks health and safety and technical requirements and compliance
* A broad understanding of Electrical Network Owners / Operators and the market these business operates in
* Proven experience / knowledge in design for the following areas at voltages from 33kV to 400kV: