Up to £0.00 per annum
27 days ago
What you will do:
Working on a variable work bank of projects across NRDD southeasts design portfolio.
* Manage the development remit for a proposal so that it properly describes the engineering requirements, scope, possibilities and operational performance targets and maintain a robust challenge to sponsoring engineers and managers, in order to monitor and value manage the business and technical remit and thereby optimise the business case.
* Manage all engineering and development activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable, and that meet programme requirements in a safe & environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
* Manage (or undertake where applicable) the development of suitable engineering options for a proposal giving full consideration to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues. Engineering excellence is to be supported by:
- Secure all relevant base data.
- Review compliance with appropriate standards.
- Use risk ID and evaluation methods (e.g. HAZOP, QRA, LRM, and the GK/RT/14200 suite), as suitable, to evaluate and compare options.
- Using feedback from all relevant past projects across the UK rail network, lessons learned etc.
- Monitor that designers are up to date via training, briefings etc.
* Confirm whether strict change control is maintained on scope development evaluate cost, time and performance impacts in conjunction with development management.
* Participate in the selection of a single option for further development, preparing or monitoring preparation of reports, papers etc as necessary.
* Manage (or undertake where applicable) the development of the selected single option.
* Manage (or undertake where applicable) the preparation of the full engineering data package required for commencement of the detailed design, and participate in answering clarifications/queries as needed.
* Support the construction design management (CDM) planning supervisor in all associated duties and carry out or monitor cross-discipline engineering checks of all relevant aspects of the proposal.
* Carry out independent checking of safety critical signalling design documentation.
* Manage adequate resourcing of the feasibility stages of project development, in both the quality and quantity of Network Rail and supplier staff, and in the use of the most appropriate support equipment.
* Manage the engineering interfaces of allocated proposals with concurrent work in other disciplines, or within other programmes.
* Act as or liaise with the appropriate Project Engineer during stages 2-4 to so that method statements for site works and surveys in particular are produced and approved to the required standards.
* Monitor, assess, evaluate and audit Consultants and Contractors during project stages 2-4.
Your experience will include:
Track design experience minimum five years is essential
* CRE - Track Design
* Recent experience using Bentley Rail Track & Clearroute 2
* An engineering degree or equivalent industry-recognised training qualification.
* A demonstrable aptitude for option development.
* Strong evaluation and decision-making skills.
* A working knowledge of rail engineering relevant successful experience working in the principal discipline and an adequate understanding of all other related disciplines.
* An ability to work and communicate effectively in a team context.
* An appreciation of all the life cycle stages of rail infrastructure.
* CDM, Auditing and risk assessment competencies.
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt
* Membership of a relevant engineering professional institution.
* Experience in design, installation and maintenance.
* Formal qualifications in risk identification and assessment.
* Yellow book course.
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.