£420.00 - £460.00 per annum
7 days ago
Senior Design Engineer
Here at Morson we are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our client in Waterloo, London.
What you will do:
Working on a variable work bank of projects across NRDD southeasts design portfolio.
* Manage the development remit for a proposal so that it properly describes the engineering requirements, scope, possibilities and operational performance targets and maintain a robust challenge to sponsoring engineers and managers, in order to monitor and value manage the business and technical remit and thereby optimise the business case.
* Manage all engineering and development activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable, and that meet programme requirements in a safe & environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
* Manage (or undertake where applicable) the development of suitable engineering options for a proposal giving full consideration to safety, reliability, operational capacity modelling, maintainability, ease of construction, and environmental/whole life issues. Engineering excellence is to be supported by:
* Confirm whether strict change control is maintained on scope development evaluate cost, time and performance impacts in conjunction with development management.
* Participate in the selection of a single option for further development, preparing or monitoring preparation of reports, papers etc as necessary.
* Manage (or undertake where applicable) the development of the selected single option.
* Manage (or undertake where applicable) the preparation of the full engineering data package required for commencement of the detailed design, and participate in answering clarifications/queries as needed.
* Support the construction design management (CDM) planning supervisor in all associated duties and carry out or monitor cross-discipline engineering checks of all relevant aspects of the proposal.
* Carry out independent checking of safety critical signalling design documentation.
* Manage the engineering interfaces of allocated proposals with concurrent work in other disciplines, or within other programmes.
* Act as or liaise with the appropriate Project Engineer during stages 2-4 to so that method statements for site works and surveys in particular are produced and approved to the required standards.
* Monitor, assess, evaluate and audit Consultants and Contractors during project stages 2-4.
Your experience will include:
Track design experience minimum five years is essential
* CRE - Track Design
* Recent experience using Bentley Rail Track & Clearroute 2
* An engineering degree or equivalent industry-recognised training qualification.
* A demonstrable aptitude for option development.
* Strong evaluation and decision-making skills.
* A working knowledge of rail engineering relevant successful experience working in the principal discipline and an adequate understanding of all other related disciplines.
* An ability to work and communicate effectively in a team context.
* An appreciation of all the life cycle stages of rail infrastructure.
* CDM, Auditing and risk assessment competencies.
* Six Sigma Yellow Belt
* Membership of a relevant engineering professional institution.
* Experience in design, installation and maintenance.
* Formal qualifications in risk identification and assessment.
* Yellow book course.