Up to £0.00 per annum
6 days ago
Senior Design Engineer, Permanent, Bristol
* Reading and processing input data, standards and norms related with nuclear power plant application.
* Assessing inputs to create and consolidate designs.
* Ensure quality and consistencies of the documents and procedures produced.
* The role will be to create and manage several entire buildings in parallel, according to nuclear standards, verify design according to 3D models and calculation notes.
* The core responsibility will be to design the fire detection system in the nuclear power plant along with all related components based on UK fire detection rules and related BS standards such as BS 5839-1, BS 9999.
* Preparing project documentation and plans
* Schedule control and follow-up
* Quality verification
* Project document management and coordination
* Weekly reporting to the design manager
* Preparing and coordinating conventional permit applications.
* Develop operator's manuals, safety manuals, manual supplements, and instruction sheets for the project
* Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards, uses easy-to-understand user interface text, and is appropriate for its intended audience
* Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the project, specifications, and the documentation requirements
* Analyse existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities, maintain and improve formatting, layout and use of CAD drawings
* Manage proper naming conventions, revision control, and file storing procedures
* Create and maintain the information architecture (layout and design) distribute and track original electronic document files in an accurate and efficient manner
* Previous experience in a similar role within the nuclear sector and/or major construction projects
* Experience in design tools and software
* Experience in mechanism and electrical design
* Eye for detail and a methodical work process
* Competent in generating technical documents and specifications
* Experience in using CAD system
* Effective communication to liaise with team members, clients, contractors and others involved in the design process
* Diligent and proactive character as well as positive attitude will be a great advantage
* Ability to train inexperienced design engineers and apprentices
Preferable to have 5 years experience in the nuclear sector or large construction project with an electrical and mechanical background.
Design and/or construction background of fire systems
-Low and Extra Low voltage experience
-Fire Systems knowledge including BS 5839-1
-Electrical or Building Services Education