Up to £40.66 per hour
26 days ago
Senior DBA - (SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL)
Location: Bristol or Milton Keynes
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £40.66 per hour (ltd company)
Our client are have an opportunity for a highly flexible and motivated Database Administrator for the programs Core Database Production Operations Team, building, supporting, and evolving database environments.
This is a Senior DBA role providing expertise in database administration to a multi-site program team.
Technical responsibilities include management and administration of existing production and non-production database environments production support, and management of associated system components. Perform database design, modification, development, security, backup, tuning, and maintenance activities.
Analyze and resolve application performance issues in coordination with customers and other Database Administrators (DBA).
Ensuring integration of SOW requirements and project plans between major project activities. Documenting processes and procedures and ensuring compliance with Boeing and partner database standards, practices and methodologies inclusive of security, hardware, software, and configuration management.
* The technical senior DBA has in-depth experience in more than one database stack. The database stacks we are looking for are predominately, SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL.
* Knowledge of UNIX/Linux/Windows operating system internals including familiarity with shell scripting is required.
* Knowledge of database Backup/Recovery techniques including database clustering techniques on varied database technologies.
* Knowledge of IBM and Oracle Middleware platforms.
* Knowledge of working within the Defence sector would be a significant advantage.
* Experience of working within a matrix management environment and a large-scale, complex international organization, but also within small teams, would be advantageous.
* Automation and Devops experience.
**Due to the nature of the project, candidates must have a valid SC in place**
Interested? - Hit Apply
The current work location is either Milton Keynes or Bristol.