28 days ago
Senior CS&A Technician , Contract, Bristol
An exciting opportunity to join the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CS&A) team within Cavendish Nuclear, the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force. The breadth of our expertise means we are able to offer unrivalled experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
You will form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking traditional, bespoke and innovative designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites. The projects you undertake will principally be in relation to the design and detail of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors, for example structural inspections and site surveys, and will be undertaken primarily for sites across UK with some projects based internationally. You will provide technical guidance and support to projects and support and mentor other members of the CS&A team.
* Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
* Supporting the preparation of the designs of structures and infrastructure of varying complexity, including production of relevant models and drawings using Autodesk products, particularly Revit and AutoCAD, throughout the various stages of the design process.
* Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
* Provide technical support to other members of the team.
* Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
* Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
* Support in the solution of problems of varying complexity that may arise during the design stage, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning and decommissioning.
* Accurately report on a periodic basis, specified by the Technical Lead on a project, the estimate to complete assigned tasks.
* Responsible for ensuring, as far as possible, the correctness of their own work and for checking other relevant output.
* Understand and support the process for developing and implementing BIM Level 2 compliant systems and processes.
* HNC qualified in Civil / Structural Engineering or an appropriate Engineering profession.
* Working towards, or achieved, EngTech Member status with the ICE or IStructE.
* Significant experience in the design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork.
* It would be advantageous but not necessary to have previous experience within the nuclear industry.
* Conversant with Autodesk products with a minimum of 2 years project experience on Revit and Navisworks.
* The base location for this role is Bristol Business Park, Bristol.
* Successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.