Up to £0.00 per annum
24 days ago
Senior CS&A Engineer, Contract , Newbury
An exciting opportunity to join the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CS&A) team within Cavendish Nuclear, the UK's leading supplier to the nuclear industry and a growing global force. You will form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking traditional, bespoke and innovative designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites. The projects you undertake will principally be in relation to design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors, for example structural inspections and site surveys, and will be undertaken primarily for sites across UK with some projects based internationally. Due to the nature of our projects, you will design to various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including seismic design. You will provide technical leadership and expertise, and you will take on the role of Technical Lead on specific projects when required.
* Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
* Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects.
* Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla and Robot as well as producing hand calculations.
* Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
* Liaise with Technicians in the preparation of Revit models.
* Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
* Provide technical support to other members of the team.
* Ensure all work to be carried out with a positive attitude toward safety, both in design and in the office environment.
* Responsible for the management of project delivery.
* Assisting and mentoring team members to promote their technical and professional development.
* Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE.
* Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork.
* It would be advantageous but not necessary to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading.
* Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
* Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards,
Due to the nature of the position SC Clearance is required.