0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
The role of the Senior Criticality Assessor is to act as a Technical Authority and Intelligent Customer for Criticality Safety Assessments. The Senior Criticality Assessor is accountable for leading delivery of criticality assessments to cost, time and quality, determining appropriate assessment methodologies to apply, and structuring assessments to ensure they are fit for purpose and manageable throughout their life. They are to undertake peer reviews of assessments produced by others, including the supply chain, and provide expert advice to the wider business on the detailed content of safety cases on site.
- Producing and managing the production of criticality assessment deliverables in accordance with industry practice.
- Developing, reviewing and approving achievable project plans and schedules such that the proposed packages of work can be effectively delivered to time and schedule.
- Providing routine updates on the status of deliverables.
- Approving criticality deliverables within your area of delegated authority
Championing Criticality Safety Assessments through Safety Case governance process (Safety Review Group, Independent Peer Review, Management of Safety & Environment Committee (MSEC) and Nuclear Safety & Environment Committee (NSEC)).
- Minimum 5 years of directly relevant experience as a Criticality Safety Assessor or Nuclear Safety Assessor.
- Competent Criticality Assessor and Peer Reviewer.
- Possesses a detailed knowledge and understanding of how specialist disciplines input and support the development of a Nuclear Safety Case.
- Thorough understanding of the UK Regulatory Framework and Regulator expectations in respect of criticality submissions.
- Has experience of each stage of the Safety Case lifecycle and experience of Safety Cases from other Licensees.