Manchester, Greater Manchester
7 months ago
Key Credit Controller
We are looking for a Key Account Credit Controller to join our Credit Control team based at our modern, purpose-built offices in Trafford Park (close to Media City and the Trafford Centre).
Reporting to the Head of Credit Control, the key purpose of this role is to manage a changing portfolio of large and complex major client accounts to ensure the prompt and efficient collection of outstanding invoices in line with targets. This is an exciting and challenging role which will require the right individual to build relationships with all levels of client and Morson stakeholders in order to understand and continually drive improvements to processes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Client Services Team, Head of Credit Control and Financial Implementations Manager to ensure major new & existing client processes are understood and ongoing cash collection is effectively and proactively managed.
- Liaising with clients & colleagues in order to resolve invoicing queries. Identifying the root cause of queries/ invoicing issues and addressing these to continually drive improvement.
- Prioritisation of debt by value and customer's payment profile. Ensuring timely collection of cash.
- Monitoring cash received on a daily basis to ensure that accurate information is available at all times for reporting purposes.
- Providing copy invoices, credit notes, and statements to customers when requested/ in line with agreed processes.
- Performing detailed account reconciliations as necessary
- Ensuring that the Head of Credit Control is aware immediately of any potential 'bad debt' issues.
The suitable candidate for this role must be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role, for a large organisation, working with a blue-chip client base. You should be able to demonstrate seeing the bigger picture of business processes and enjoy problem solving and driving improvements, whilst also being comfortable dealing with the detail.
Confidence with large transactional volumes and datasets is crucial, with strong Excel skills a must. Familiarity and confidence with other Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook), effective written skills, a positive, professional and assertive attitude and attention to detail are also crucial. Experience working to targets and deadlines is also required. www.morson.com
Although largely Morson Head Office based, this role will require travel to client and Morson offices throughout the UK.
This role is rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and wellbeing programme, free onsite parking, and a free onsite gym. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it's like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.