Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£38.00 - £41.00 per hour + Cost Engineering
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
4 months ago
Our client, a leading provider of full life-cycle engineering services in the development, design, delivery and maintenance of Oil and Gas Infrastructure are looking to add a Senior Cost Engineer to their team on a 12-24 Month Contract, based in South Manchester.
The role holder will be the first point of contact for all Cost Engineering activities on 2 major projects for our client, being a key contributor to improving processes, procedures and tools utilised by the function.
The role will involve:
- Providing an integrated, timely and reliable cost reporting service to both internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for the monthly production of contract leader reports, reporting on cost, revenue, margin, project performance and health of a project.
- Engaging with key internal and external project stakeholders.
- Managing and maintaining cost control and forecasting on a range of projects.
- Management and processing of incoming supplier invoices.
- Ensuring the basis of estimates of completion is predicted using industry recognised approaches including but not limited to, the latest resourced schedule and Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Man-hour producing
- Producing application for payments and subsequent sales invoices to the client.
- Change Management
- Closing out Contracts
The successful candidate will have experience within a Project Controls / Project Engineering preferably within Oil and Gas experience but other Sectors will be considered.
In addition you will also have:
- Ideally a recognized Project Controlss Qualification or is part qualified account or solid experience within the Project Controls / Cost Engineering sector.
- Storng Communication Skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels, particularly with client respresentatives.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Able to demonstrate expertise of excel and should have had exposure to various bespoke cost management software systems.
- Primavera P6 Preferred.
- Experience with Business Intelligence Software (such as Power BI) preferred but not essential.