About the Company:
Our company is a subsidiary of a major global player in the nuclear industry, specialising in radioactive waste management and decommissioning services on a nuclear licensed site. If you are looking to build your career in a developing and ambitious company, we would love to hear from you.
Outline of the role:
The Senior Commissioning Engineer shall be required to own and implement our commissioning processes, ensuring compliance with Group standards and Regulatory expectations. The role is expected to have room for growth, encompassing both people and technical leadership skills, and would be ideal for someone who enjoys both the project management and practical aspects of commissioning. We operate in a flexible and diverse environment, providing great opportunities for professional development.
We offer a high degree of autonomy and flexibility for the post holder to approach problems as they see fit, working as part of our expanding and experienced multi-disciplined team. The implementation of changes to yield improvements in safety, quality and cost is[MN1] encouraged.
Relevant experience in the nuclear industry is preferred but not required, and candidates with experience obtained in other highly regulated industries are welcome. You will be qualified to at least HNC/HND level in electrical, control & instrumentation or mechanical engineering and have a history of delivering commissioning on complex projects. You must be able to obtain the required security clearances.
Purpose of the Job:
• The Senior Commissioning Engineer shall ‘own’ the local Commissioning standards and procedures, ensuring that they meet Group and Regulatory expectations and are adhered to.
• The role holder shall: -
o Ensure that the correct safety, engineering and quality standards are adhered to during commissioning activities.
o Deliver commissioning activities, including hands-on commissioning.
o Produce high quality commissioning documentation.
o Support activities such as requirements capture, optioneering, design reviews and management of construction/installation.
o Conduct hands-on fault-finding, proposing and implementing practical solutions to problems via the design change process where necessary.
o Work with the supply chain as an Intelligent Customer to ensure the best outcome for the business.
o Ensure that projects and modifications are correctly handed over to Operations.
o Provide technical guidance to other parts of the business within their area of expertise.
• There is also an expectation that this role shall directly contribute to the continuous improvement of business processes related to Engineering, support the Engineering Manager as required, and assist in the development of junior engineers.
• Remuneration: the entry salary for this role is £61,380 rising to £67,517. Annual pay reviews are conducted, where salary increases are awarded depending on the demonstration of agreed competencies and completion of objectives.
• Bonus: The company operates a generous £4,000 per annum Delivery Bonus for all employees. This role also attracts a 5% performance-related bonus derived from personal objectives.
• Pension Scheme: as an employee, you will be eligible to join the Company’s generous Defined Contribution Pension scheme, with up to 16% employer’s contribution.
• Education & Training: the company takes pride in helping people learn and develop by supporting, accelerating and directing their learning. As well as the completion of mandatory health and safety courses, training packages will be offered to meet your specific needs. Supporting your learning at work is high on our agenda as it is important in ensuring that the skills of our workforce meet current and future business demands, as well as supporting your continuing professional development.
• Healthy Work-life Balance: The Company encourages all employees to effectively balance their work with their outside life. We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 25.5 days per annum, rising to 28.5 after 10 years’ service and then rising to 32.5 days leave after 20 years’ service. We also offer a full suite of family-friendly policies that you would expect from a progressive employer. There is also a policy to accrue an additional 13 days of leave, which is an additional flexible working arrangement available for employees.
• Health & Wellbeing: Other benefits which you would be eligible to join as an employee include: Private Medical Insurance scheme, Company Cycle scheme and childcare vouchers.
The role will be based at our Capenhurst Site near Chester. We offer free parking, there is a train station a stone’s throw away from site with frequent trains to Chester or the Wirral, and there is a subsidised canteen on site.