Usk, Monmouthshire, S. Wales, Wales
Up to £55 per hour + .
3 months ago
A senior Commercial Manager is required for our client to assist Land UK in discharging its business responsibilities. To devise commercial solutions to customer requirements that maximise the business benefits whilst understanding the level of risk being taken. In devising commercial solutions considerations of all external factors must be considered such as Land UK strategic intent, market forces, competition, customer constraints and supply chain capability.
Contribute to the development of the Commercial strategy required to support the delivery of the Land UK business strategy and oversee its implementation within the commercial function.
To allocate commercial capability to support the relevant IDT activity.
- Leading the management of all Commercial activity for the relevant IDT
- High level of Customer interaction with both new and existing customers and responsible for Commercial capability insertion into the relevant IDT to meet these demands
- Ensuring that all Commercial activity is completed professionally and in line with Commercial Delegation of Authority and BAE Systems Operational Framework.
- Influencing, review, drafting, negotiation and finalisation of complex bids, proposals and contracts / commercial agreements
- Provide guidance on the IDT business winning activity and set the context and direction for strategically important campaigns and customers
- Ensure Commercial IDT personnel comply with all aspects of the Operational Framework including the correct application and appropriate tailoring of LCM.
- Ensuring that the contract requirements and obligations are clear and unambiguous for both the company and the customer and are reflected in the contract.
- Plan the commercial resource requirements to meet both the capability and capacity demands within the Commercial team including active participation in all internal and external reviews.
- Identify and/or respond to challenges throughout business winning and contract delivery phases, suggesting and participating in corrective or mitigation actions in a multi-functional environment with a number of differing stakeholders.
- Ensure that the requisite Commercial skills are available to the internal customers and to provide Commercial support to the Procurement function in the negotiation of Supply Chain Contracts and dispute resolution.
- Evaluating new routes to market to grow the line of business, which may include evaluation and appointment of in-country partners and distributors.
- Development and maintenance of good customer relationships
Lead negotiator in complex Customer facing negotiations for specific Future Programmes or Business development activity.
Managing customer expectations in terms of requirement and affordability
Creation, negotiation and agreement of a wider range of Non-Disclosure, Partnership, Teaming and other agreements with external Customers and Partners.
Understanding of the impact of aspects of the law that affect activities of the commercial function and taking appropriate actions
Pursue to a successful outcome the generation, submission and negotiation of proposals in highly competitive markets.
Ensure the relevant IDT Commercial team obtaining requisite approvals to create and release proposals including pricing aspects.
Adhere to SHE obligations and standard business working instructions contained in the Business Management System (BMS)
Quality Assurance - Perform all work/tasks in accordance with project/functional requirements and to the standards prescribed in supporting technical documentation. Proactively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and support quality assurance activities and improvement initiatives deployed by the business. Participate actively as a key member of the business Executive population in continuously developing the business as a whole to become the market leading company.
- Good understanding of the financial considerations of bids and contracts
- Excellent UK MoD Contracting and/or Export Defence Contracting skills
- Astute Commercial Awareness
- Risk and opportunity identification management
- Working knowledge of UK Single Source Procurement regulations
- Legal awareness
- Ensuring the application of process and procedures such as SAP transactions, Pricing, Bidding (including offer letters) are applied in a consistent way
- Ensure the Commercial IDT personnel comply with all aspects of the Operational Framework including the correct application and tailoring of the LCM framework. Specifically when dealing with export customers compliance with the following
- 759/OF/013 - Offset Policy
- 759/OF/014 - Pursuit of Export Opportunities Policy
- 759/OF/019 - Advisors Policy
- 759/OF/020 - Export Control Policy
- 759/OF/022 - Merger Undertaking Policy
- 759/OF/023 - Intellectual Property Policy
- 759/OF/025 - Overseas Entities Policy
- 759/OF/033 - Product Trading Policy
- Generation of Commercial Life Cycle Management (LCM) deliverables in accordance with company protocol, ensuring compliance with all Business and functional processes and systems.
- Provide guidance to the relevant IDT on the Commercial aspects of business winning activity
- Responsibility for obtaining the requisite approvals to create and release proposals including pricing aspects.
- Role model for Total Performance and professional standards across the Commercial Team