Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
12 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting a Senior Commercial/Procurement Manager for their prestigious client to manage the commercial/procurement activities of the line of business, ensuring that business success is maximised in line with agreed targets.
To ensure all legally binding Company commitments are agreed in accordance with the client's policies and procedures.
- Relevant Degree or equivalent and c. 12+ years commercial/procurement experience
- Experienced in developing key supplier relationships and strategies to meet the needs of the business and where appropriate aligning to wider client strategies
- Can resolve business inter-dependencies and issues with projects and functions
- Extensive knowledge of business unit financial/commercial/procurement policies
- A strong track record of contributing to the management of contractual issues
- A thorough understanding and comprehension of Commercial Contracts & Law
- Proven negotiating skills in a range of environments
- Wide ranging experience of dealing with domestic and international suppliers Produce a full range of contractual documentation for assigned areas in line with all relevant client requirements and procedures
- Lead or participate in contract/ subcontract negotiations with all relevant parties to facilitate the smooth and successful conclusion of negotiations
- Manage and set objectives/review for a team of commercial/procurement staff
- Member or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or accredited by the International Association for Contracts and Commercial Management (IACCM) or equivalent
- Manage contracts/ subcontracts, ensuring the efficient and effective resolution of issues.
- Manage the preparation and issue purchase orders for subcontractors/suppliers in accordance with established procurement policies, issue requests for proposals and verify invoices prior to payment.
- Actively support the development, co-ordination and implementation of overall financial targets and budgetary management strategies in assigned areas
- Build, manage and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to ensure the effective management of business agreements.
- Manage potential areas of risk and carry out risk analyses and assessments to support the minimisation of risk.
- Actively support the development, co-ordination and implementation of pricing and payment strategies and policies in assigned areas
- Lead on the resolution of commercial/procurement issues to facilitate effective business decision-making.Lead, develop and motivate any assigned staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their responsibilities.
- Lead regular reviews with suppliers to review relationship, current/ future bids/ opportunities and ensure that contracted obligations and agreed targets are achieved.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Functional Governance Manual and the Procurement Manual and communicate/implement them in assigned area to deliver strong governance and business effectiveness.
- Keep up to date with and research new commercial/procurement developments in assigned areas and assist in assessing their advantage to the company.
- Liaison with senior stakeholders within internal and external customer community.
- Manage interfaces with Finance, Legal, HR and Group Tax to establish effective contracting and pricing models.
- Manage RBA activities.
- Lead Tender activities.
- Assessment/Production of Commercial/Procurement plans in support of LCM.
Set Direction & Deliver Results
- Drives Strategic Growth - Integrates market and competitor insights to create value
- Partners with Customers - Manages a broad range of resources to address customer's requirements
- Generates New Ideas - Creates innovative solutions that improve the business