£34000.00 - £38000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Senior Commercial Officer - Bristol
Supporting the Critical Communications Business, You will be responsible for the commercial input to major bids for new business including international opportunities, and the management of commercial relationships and contracts with customers and suppliers to ensure the commercial and financial interests of the company are optimised, whilst delivering or exceeding the businesses objectives.
* The commercial management of existing contracts, their associated risks and contract changes to ensure they are understood and adequately administered
* Bidding, pricing evaluation, negotiation of terms and conditions, development and implementation of negotiation strategies, approvals management and the management and development of other members of the commercial team
* To provide support and guidance to the business regarding pricing, contractual terms and conditions, agreements, risk, governance and other commercial issues.
* To support the commercial, project management and tendering teams at the Bristol office as agreed and support the applicable approvals processes
* Act as the local commercial point of contact for various internal and external stakeholders
* To participate in and assure new business opportunities through the completion of commercial tendering and approval processes
* To assist and assure the Project Management function with respect to contract management including project control, variations, risk management, milestones and financial progress.
* To support the Supply Chain function in the generation of commercial arrangements with partners and suppliers.
* To lead commercial discussions and negotiations with customers and support the Supply Chain function, in strategic procurement activities.
* To provide general management and contractual information, and assist with resource forecasts and costings, to ensure they are properly constructed and achieved. To ensure an accurate audit trail of commercial decisions is maintained and commercial administration is kept up to date
rcial issues as well as the review and assurance of financial statements.
* To provide a key pro-active service to the Future Business, Bidding, Programme Management, R&D and Supply Chain teams, Head of Commercial and Commercial Director and the rest of the Management Team.
In order to apply for this role you will need:
* Tendering / Approvals / Estimating
* Risk Management
* Contract Law and its practical application
* Contract negotiation / drafting / administration / management
* Contract cost control/ reporting
* Variation control
* Claims and disputes
* Contracts of supply and sale
* Ideally, working knowledge of trade controls and ITAR
* Ideally, practical working knowledge and understanding of UK MoD contracting and DEFCONs