7 months ago
Senior Commercial Manager, Permanent, Gloucester
The purpose of the post is to negotiate, place and manage contracts through the development of cost models, co-operation of technical input, analysis of cost data, contract negotiation and analysis of contract terms. Working to the Head of Services Contracts, this post will take responsibility for managing the lifecycle of Clients Service Contracts.
Activities to be delivered by Post
- Lead on the progression of contractual negotiations and agreements.
- Lead on the day to day contract management for the Service Contracts.
- Undertake commercial/contractual review of technical documentation.
- Ensure that both parties are fulfilling contractual obligations.
- Ensure that contracting procedures are adhered to (e.g. Task order review and coordinating approvals, invoicing), and that regulatory and statutory expectations are being met.
- Oversee the analysis of demand, spend and cost data, and prepare cost maps and estimates in support of strategic contract strategy development.
- Oversee the coordination of functional expertise inputs on commercial matters.
- Oversee the production of analytical insights, impactful recommendations, timely data on actual performance, and trend projections.
- Ensure that the Commercial Managers are working with projects, engineering and business management teams within COU, PPU, TOU, Operations and Property to ensure a joined up approach to commercially managing the supply chain for the portfolio of Service
- Well-honed leadership skills and department / team management experience, including associated organisation development activities.
- Demonstrates a track record of success, achievement and learning in career to date, adding value within relevant positions.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations (working on the buying and / or selling side).
- Proven experience in commercial analysis, procurement processing and contract administration in a similar environment (e.g. construction contracting).
- Good knowledge and understanding of contractual legal T&Cs.
- Capable user of analytical tools (e.g. MS Excel).
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, including strong written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrates high levels of attention to detail and data integrity.
- Proactive in approach, uses initiative readily and is highly solution / delivery focussed.
- Ability to learn, adapt and thrive, delivering value in a changing and evolving organisation.
- Flexibility and mobility to undertake business travel as required.