Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
24 days ago
Working in Nuclear and Defence in Glasgow, you will be involved in delivering structural designs and analysis/assessment studies in a multi-discipline environment. The team includes a wealth of experience and expertise in seismic engineering, structural dynamics, finite element analysis and numerical modelling. Sharing of knowledge and learning of new skills is actively encouraged.
Our projects involve designing and assessing complex structures to resist variable and dynamic effects from earthquakes, dropped loads and impacts, vibrating machinery, mechanical handling, explosions, extreme environmental loading and fire. This requires a fundamental understanding of engineering principles and the considered application of numerical analysis techniques, for example modelling ductile behaviour, &lsquobeyond design basis&rsquo response, soil-structure-interaction, and non-linear buckling behaviour. Also required is an understanding of how structural performance contributes to the critical safety function of nuclear facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Technical quality and excellence of your work and the work of those working under you
* Technical and professional guidance, support and development of more junior engineers and technicians
* Communication with clients and other design team members
* Project planning and delivery
* Business development activities including preparation of proposals may be required
* Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems
* Operational and design safety, and developing good safety culture
* Finite Element modelling experience is desirable