5 days ago
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Water team delivering detailed design for utilities elements of the HS2 project and various other projects across the UK. Remote working is permitted.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
* Delivery of allocated technical outputs for project related assignments, work elements, work packages and other design activities
* Undertaking technical design tasks in accordance with the project requirements and quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
* Provision of Civil Engineering design inputs/outputs for infrastructure type work (e.g water, power, gas and telecoms diversion work for the project).
* Checking / vetting all designs before issue
* Maintain good relationships with Client's key representatives and contribute to internal and project deadlines
* Design management, team leadership/mentoring and client relationship skills
* Relevant engineering degree post-graduate qualifications an advantage
* Extensive post-graduate experience, focusing on utility infrastructure design,
* You will ideally be a Chartered Civil Engineer
* Experience in the water and/or energy industry
* Application of British and European Standards and codes of practice
* Have a sound knowledge of the industry, knowledge of managing and maintaining infrastructure assets and have up to date on knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues
* Well-developed outline, feasibility, and detailed design skills
* Practical knowledge of Civils 3D would be an advantage
* Practical knowledge of horizontal directional drilling and pipe jacking
To be considered for the Senior Civil Engineer (Water/Energy) please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.