Manchester, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
A great opportunity has risen with our Construction/Engineering client based in Manchester for a Senior Civil Engineer (Highways) on a contract basis for 6 months.
Description of Duties:
- Immediate requirement to lead detailed design of HS2 highways schemes.
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carry out site inspections.
- Prepare technical reports, fee proposals, bids, budgets, resource levels and all associated HSE, CD< and QA aspects.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective way.
- Providing technical guidance to others.
- Ability to manage team members and oversee their workload.
- Effective communication with other disciplines and construction teams.
- Confident and authoritative in front of clients.
- Minimum 5 years experience in design and construction of major and minor highways and transport infrastructure in the UK.
- Specialist design experience in highways road and drainage is essential.
- Reinforced concrete, structural steel and temporary works design experience is advantageous.
- Computer-literate, skilled in the use of AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Microdrainage and associated software for the preparation of highways design drawings.
- Experience of leading design teams and managing resources effectively with a client facing role.
- Full knowledge of overseeing organisation's DMRB and MCHW.
- Up to date and fully conversant with the role of Principal Designed under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015.
Minimum BEng Civil or Structural Engineering plus Chartership with ICE or IStructE.