North West England, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + benefits
3 months ago
Morson are working in exclusive partnership with Amey Consulting, a leading multi discipline consultancy, who are recruiting for Senior Civil/Highways Engineers (and also Civil Engineers) to work within their busy roads and highways division in Manchester Trafford. You will be an experienced civil engineer with experience in roads and highways design, looking to join a centre of excellence for design, working on complex high profile projects with Highways England and local authorities.
This particular Amey serves the One Trafford Partnership account, which is set up to deliver commercial and domestic waste collections, street cleansing, grounds maintenance, facilities management and highways services, including street lighting, bridges, drainage and street furniture.
The Wythenshawe based office houses a highly experienced team, many of which are chartered who between them hold many years design experience within the highways industry. Anyone joining as Civil Engineer will immediately benefit from being exposed to this level of expertise, coupled with Amey's best in class training and development schemes.
Candidates who go on to achieve IEng and CEng status will receive £3000 and £5000 respectively as well as significantly advancing their earnings and career potential at the same time.
What is the purpose of this role?
To play an important role within a design team, working closely for Senior and Principal Engineers to ensure: Compliance with all relevant technical standards Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required Guidance is provided for less experienced staff and professional development and training is actively pursued.
What will this role involve?
* Develop designs in accordance with the Client's requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective solutions.
* Assist in the development and supervision of project team members Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision Represent the business stream in multi-disciplinary project teams
* Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances Prepare and check of feasibility studies, appraisal / assessment reports and other written documents.
Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options
* Prepare and check of assessment, calculations, design calculations and structural analysis Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawings specifications and other technical documents
* Develop and maintain good working relationships with the Client and other relevant stakeholders
* Complete performance appraisals with direct reports and provide learning and development opportunities where possible
What are we looking for?
Candidates should have a proven background in civil engineering and roads/highways design. Ideally Civil Engineers will have a degree in civil engineering, but candidates who have a degree in a related subject will also be suitable. Equally, candidates with a relevant vocational qualification and a sufficient number of years' experience working for a competitor will also be considered.
You should be computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS office suite and relevant engineering software packages Post-qualification experience in highways Good experience of the co-ordination of the design process and team management Good communication skills dealing with clients, project partners, supply chain, elected representatives and the public Client focused approach to service delivery Environmental awareness Tool Box talk IOSH managing safely
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer.
Interested? Find more information about Amey and also apply by following the following link: https://client.morson.com/amey-engineering-jobs-birmingham
Alternatively email or call 0161 707 1516